Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New dishes

Sunday night I was super motivated and tried out two new recipes that I got from Pinterest (oh Pinterest, what did we ever do before you existed?!!?). I did laundry and cleaned while making them too. Disclaimer: this is not normal behavior for me (the laundry and cleaning part), just ask TDH. I was super proud of myself!

The first recipe was Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese. I didn't know how good it would be, but it blew my socks off.

Pinned Image
via Pinterest
If you're looking for a twist from the normal mac and cheese that tastes gourmet, try this! It was fairly simple but was a little time consuming. Definitely worth it though! Did I mention it's a great way to get your veggies in? At least that's what I told myself as I was shoveling it in my mouth...... You can find the recipe here.

For dessert I made Carmel Apple Cake. I had all the ingredients on hand except the brown sugar and was able to use the leftover apples from the shower so nothing went to waste. It was easy to make too. Recipe here.

Pinned Image

I'll admit that I wasn't really feeling fall yet. I have had my Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte and burned my Yankee Candle Harvest candle, all to no avail. Maybe it had something to do with the million + degree weather or the fact that I spent most of my Sunday at the pool. After cooking these dishes, I was in a fall frame of mind. Walking outside and it being about 10 degrees cooler might have helped too. Hooray for cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment