Monday, September 24, 2012

Hello There!

So it's been about a month since I was here last. Sorry for the lack of posting- I've been super busy! And it doesn't seem like it's going to slow down much, but at least most of the upcoming activities are ones that I'm not in charge of so that should help a lot. I'm not complaining though since being busy makes the time go by faster which means we're getting closer and closer to TDH being home!!!! Hooray!! The past month has included a trip to Savannah, 2 spouse's club events, baby shower and a crazy work load at my job (which I love!).

First up, Savannah was a culinary experience. I tried chocolate covered bacon topped with pecans and it was life changing. absolutely AMAZING


                                                             mmmmm........

This was from the Bohemian Hotel's rooftop bar. If you're ever in Savannah I'd definitely recommend going here. They have wonderful drinks and food and a beautiful view of the river and downtown. This was my second time going here, TDH and I went back at Christmas.

I also had a pimento cheese and fried green tomato burger and cheesy tots in hot sauce. Soooo good. I thought the pimento cheese would be cold, but it was melted on the burger, no complaints here! I'm going to take TDH here if we visit Savannah again since he loves burgers.

Right before my trip, our spouse's club had our over-the-hump party. For those of you not familiar with military lingo, this is a party to celebrate the halfway mark point of deployment. Yay! The place we had it at was at a bar/restaurant where they had a live band and the waiters/waitresses would come up and sing and dance. You can also dance on the bar and chairs, but not the tables. WE mave or may not have danced on our chairs..... We had a great time and it was nice talking to some of the wives that I haven't seen in a while and meeting new ones! One of my friends and I have decided to go back when our husbands our home- can't wait : ).

This past week, 6 of us from the spouse's club went to Melting Pot since they were doing a 2 can dine for $49 special. I had put the event together and was kind of dreading it since I was going to be in line at the crack of dawn the next morning to get an iPhone 5 and had a crazy busy week. It ended up being just what I needed to destress and relax. I met a new wife and got to get to know another one better. It was fun getting to hear everyone's stories and comiserate about the woes of deployment.

I got an iPhone 5 and am loving it! I just used Facetime last night for the first time and I'm loving having Instagram. More on the phone once I've had some time to play with it.

This past weekend, I hosted a baby shower for one of my friends( A is also a military wife). She is the sweetest person ever and I'm so glad I was able to do this for her. It was a owl and fall themed shower. I'll do a post with all the deets and more pics later this week. Here's a sneak peek:
 

I promise to do a better job at updating the blog! Gotta get ready for work, so goodbye for now : )

No comments:

Post a Comment